IIT JEE 2006 examination held on April 9, a total of 2,87,564 candidates appeared for the examination, including 25,465 students belonging to SC and 6209 ST candidates. The total number of candidates who qualified in IIT JEE 2006 Paper was 6343, which included 699 SC and 156 ST candidates. In IIT JEE 2006 Paper reforms were introduced and some of the reforms are:
- IIT JEE 2006 to be a single objective type examination. The screening test was done away with.
- School results are to be factored into admission process for the IIT’s from IIT JEE 2006. Only those students who secured a first class or equivalent in the 10+2 examination were to be eligible for admission to the IITs.
- For SC/ST students, there was a relaxation of 5% of marks below the level of marks prescribed in the respective examination.
- A student can write IIT JEE in the year he or she passes the 12th Board examination and/or in the following year.
- Those who join in any of the IITs will not be allowed to sit for the JEE again.
- A one time exception was given to the students who appeared in their qualifying examination in the year IIT JEE 2005 or earlier.
IIT JEE 2006 Exam was taken after all these change mentioned above compared to IIT JEE 2005.
Given below is the solution of Physics part of IIT JEE paper 2006. This is the solution given by KEI experts for the paper of IIT JEE 2006. This Page is also useful for you if you are looking for previous year paper of IIT JEE, answer Key of IIT JEE paper, past year IIT JEE paper, solution of IIT JEE paper etc. for 2006.