How to fill JEE Main 2016 Form
- Candidates of JEE (Main) - 2016 have to apply online only. There is no printed application form for JEE (Main).
- Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at JEE (Main) website (www.jeemain.nic.in).
- Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
- All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the examination fee till last date will be allowed to appear in JEE (Main) and their admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per schedule. The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE do neither verify the information filled by the candidates in the application form nor verify any certificate of category/educational qualification for deciding the eligibility of candidates. The certificates of educational qualification and category (if applied under reserved category) will be verified by the concerned institution. The candidates are, therefore, advised to ensure their eligibility and the category (if applying under reserved category). The CBSE will, in no way, be responsible for any wrong/incorrect information furnished by the candidate(s) in their online application form. The letter/e-mails in this regard will not be entertained by JEE (Main) secretariat /CBSE.
- The fee (in Indian Rupees) for JEE (Main)-2016 is as follows:
- The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank in cash. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge as following:-
Credit Card:- 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card:- 0.75% +taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% +taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
- The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website (www.cbsenet.nic.in) and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Acknowledgement Page. In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:-
i) If the fee is paid through e-challan be depositing cash in above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
ii) If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 7 – 10 days. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again.
- The candidates should select the cites of examination as per their choice of Paper -1 or Paper – 2 or both Paper – 1 & Paper - 2 of JEE (Main) – 2016 according to the mode of paper(s) as following:
Note: In the cities Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat, Riyadh and Sharjah Paper – 1 will be conducted in both the modes, however, the candidates choosing the mode of Computer Based Examination for Paper – 1 will appear for Examination only on 10th April, 2016. The Paper – 2 in all these cities will be conducted on 03/04/2016 from 2.00–5.00 PM (IST) in Pen & Paper Based examination.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application i.e Multiple applications from a candidate will be rejected.
- The name of the candidate and his/her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination. No prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Fr/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Col etc should be used.
- No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), during the month of Jan 2016. The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only.
No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
- The JEE (Main) 2016 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression. Due to above, the provision of sending hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to the JEE (Main) office has been done away with. Therefore the candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
However, the candidates are advised to retain hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page for future reference or correspondence, if any.
- Candidate(s) may check the status of their application on JEE (Main) website.
- The Hon’ble High Court of Delhi alone will have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to JEE (Main) - 2016 as JEE Apex Board located at CBSE Delhi is organising the JEE (Main) - 2015 examination.
- The offer of admission shall be subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- If a candidate expects the result of Class 12th/Equivalent qualifying examination to be declared after 15th June 2016 by the examining body, the candidate is advised not to attempt JEE (Main) - 2016. Candidates whose result of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination is not available by 15th June 2016 will not be considered for allotment of All India Ranking of JEE (Main) - 2016.
- The marks of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination will be displayed on the website of JEE (Main) during the second week of June 2016. The candidates have to verify these marks and confirm it on the website. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates should upload the copy of the mark-sheet online only latest by 25th June 2016 on JEE (Main) website.
- In case of change in qualifying examination marks due to re-totaling/verification/result revision, the candidate should ensure to upload the copy of the revised mark-sheet online only latest by 15th June 2016 on JEE (Main) website. The revised mark-sheet will not be accepted after 15th June 2016 for whatsoever reason.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail.
- The decision of the JEE Apex Board regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- All correspondence related to JEE (Main)–2016 should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, (JAB),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
H-149, Sector - 63, Noida
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
- For latest information related to JEE (Main) - 2015 kindly visit JEE(Main) Website: www.jeemain.nic.in
- For latest information related to JEE (Advanced) kindly visit the website www.jeeadv.ac.in