Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2017 aspirants will now have to fill their Aadhar number in the application form. MHRD has notified following changes in JEE 2017:
- The details of students will be validated with the UIDAI’s (aadhar) data. All the Indian students are advised to get their Aadhar card ready before 1st December, 2016. The last date for submitting application is 2nd January, 2017 and fee can be paid till 3rd January, 2017.
- There is no weightage for 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in JEE (Main) examination.
- The eligibility criteria for candidates to qualify for admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE (Main) ranks, they must secure at least 75% marks in 12th class by the respective boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65%.
As CBSE has made Aadhar card mandatory for filling JEE application form, JEE Main aspirants must understand where they stand with respect to this new eligibility criteria.
- If not enrolled under Aadhar card, aspirants will have to get Aadhar card number first
- If Aadhar card has any mistake or wrong information, it must be rectified before applying for JEE Main
- The information mentioned in JEE Main Application must match details in AADHAAR card
Kshitij Education India brings you likely cases which JEE Main aspirants can face:
||Your current state on Aadhar card
||Immediate step needed to be taken
|Case 1 ||You have an Aadhar card ||Cross-check your Aadhar card whether the information on it is correct or needs to be updated|
|Case 2 ||You have an Aadhar card, but it carries mistakes/ wrong information ||Immediately connect with Aadhar officials for correction|
|Case 3 ||You don’t have an Aadhar card ||Immediately enrol for Aadhar card|
Case 1: You have an AADHAAR Card
Candidates in this case should immediately cross-check their Aadhar card. They must check details like Full Name, Date of Birth, Gender to ensure that it does not carry any mistake or wrong information. In case, there is any mismatch in your personal information you wish to fill in the online Jee Main application form and the personal data recorded in your available Aadhar card, your application might be rejected by CBSE.
In case, you find that your Aadhar card carries any wrong information or there is any mistake in it, you can refer to case 2 for more details.
Case 2: You have an Aadhar card, but it carries mistakes or wrong information
In case your Aadhar card carries any wrong information, you will need to get that corrected by concerned officials before applying for JEE Main 2017. JEE Main officials say that your application may face rejection if the details in the application form and that fetched from the Aadhar card details don’t match. “In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main)–2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their Aadhar card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records,” officials say, adding, “If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in Aadhar data or school records, as the case may be.”
Check UIADI website here for correction in your Aadhar card.
Case 3: You don’t have an Aadhar card
In this scenario, you should immediately rush to the Aadhar card centres designated by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
For new Aadhar card enrolment you can locate enrolment centre here.
If you have already applied for an Aadhar card, you can check the current status here
In case, you have not downloaded your Aadhar card yet, download your AADHAAR Card here.