Kshitij Education India goes beyond SAT for DASA candidates
DASA could be viewed as an easy route to the centres of excellence in the field of Engineering and Technical Education in India. But the ground reality is that students through DASA find it difficult to compete with other students / their batch mates at NIT, IIIT and other institutes. The rigour and grind that an Indian resident student undergoes while clearing JEE Mains, prepares him for the 5 year long intensive and difficult journey at the institutes like NIT etc. Kshitij Education India attempts to bridge the gap by the help of the personalised 1-on-1 classes which help a DASA candidate not only ace the SAT with high scores but also prepare for the 4 year long journey at Indian engineering institutes.
Kshitij has its own infrastructural setup and for students there are negligible equipment prerequisites. Kshitij Online Test Series make an aspirant computer based test ready which is of prime importance. All our material are accessible on both soft form and hard form and Our Test Series particularly intended for the SAT aspirants, whom we guarantee a balanced advancement in terms of preparation and test readiness.
The education system of India has always been revered world over for the rigor and quality tests that a student has to undergo. The Indian education framework has over centuries attracted foreign students who would reckon India with quality instruction, coupled with ease of education, travel and living, making it a much sought after destination for global students to come and study here. Indians are universally well recognised and the technical professionals are respected world over for industrial support especially in terms of academic research.
Admissions under DASA scheme 2016-17:
The admission to Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians/Overseas Citizen of India to undergraduate programs in premier Technical Institutions is being offered under DASA scheme of MHRD from the academic session 2001-02 onwards. MHRD has entrusted the coordination of the admission process under DASA scheme for the academic year 2016-17 to NIT Srinagar vide official order (F.No.34-6/2015-TS.III dated: 20th October, 2015).
Those seeking admission under DASA scheme have to apply online, fill an online application form and make fee payment through E-payment/SWIFT transfer on or before 23:59 (IST), 1st June, 2016. Further, online application and documents should be uploaded to DASA website through portal only. Applicants should also arrange to send SAT Subject Test scores directly from College Board, USA, to National Institute of Technology Srinagar (Institute Code: 7283) so as to reach Coordinator, DASA Office, Administrative Block, NIT Srinagar, Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, 190006, India on or before 23:59 HRS (IST) 1st June, 2016.
Participating Institutions DASA 2016-17:
The National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs), and other premier Technical Institutions in India, which are covered under DASA scheme 2016 for admission to under graduate programmes in Engineering/ Architecture/ Planning are:
National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura www.nitagartala.in
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh www.mnnit.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh www.nitap.in
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh www.manit.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala www.nitc.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi www.nitdelhi.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal www.nitdgp.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Goa www.nitgoa.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh www.nith.ac.in
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan www.mnit.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab www.nitj.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand www.nitjsr.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana www.nitkkr.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur www.nitmanipur.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram www.nitmz.ac.in
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur www.vnit.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Patna , Bihar www.nitp.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry, Karaikkal www.nitpy.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur , Chhattisgarh www.nitrr.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa www.nitrkl.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim www.nitsikkim.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam www.nits.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagarwww.nitsri.net
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat www.svnit.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Karnataka www.nitk.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu www.nitt.edu
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana www.nitw.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya www.nitmeghalaya.in
Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, (Jhalwa & Amethi Campus), UP www.iiita.ac.in
- ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior, MP www.iiitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, MP www.iiitdmj.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, Chennai www.iiitdm.ac.in
Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal www.spabhopal.ac.in
- School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi www.spa.ac.in
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada www.spav.ac.in
Other Premier Technical Institutions?
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh www.pec.ac.in
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi www.dce.ac.in
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi www.iiitd.ac.in
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab www.sliet.ac.in
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand www.nifft.ernet.in
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar www.pdpu.ac.in
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad www.aurangabad.nielit.gov.in
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Delhi www.nsit.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria DASA 2016-17:
Only applicants born on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities only will be taken as authentic.
Applicant must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
Applicant should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
Applicant must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks (average of all subjects of qualifying examination taken together) or 6.50 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the qualifying examination. In case, CGPA on a different scale is awarded OR if only grades are awarded, percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will only be considered. Applicants appearing for the qualifying examination with the above-mentioned subjects in the academic year 2015-16 and expecting their final results latest by September 15, 2016 may also apply.
Applicant should have a minimum total valid score of 1440 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry). SAT subject test score has to be sent directly through College Board to MNIT Jaipur (Institute Code: 7283). Internet downloaded score cards are not acceptable. Applicants at the time of registration for SAT Subject Tests should indicate Institute code 7283 for sending their scores to NIT Srinagar. Applicants who have taken multiple attempts in SAT Subject Tests can send valid score to MNIT Jaipur directly through College Board USA. The best valid score in each subject will be considered for arriving at the total score which will be used for merit list preparation. SAT Subject Test scores received till 1st June, 2016 only will be considered for preparation of merit lists for Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3.
For more details on SAT Subject Tests visit website: www.collegeboard.com.
Applicants must be Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin who have completed the qualifying examination in any country (including India)
Indian Nationals studying abroad.
In case of Indian Nationals, they must have completed the 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside India.
Fee payment DASA 2016-17:
Fee Structure :
Registration Fee and First Semester Tuition Fee: A total amount of US$ 4300[US Dollars Four thousand three hundred only] is required to be paid along with the application form. This is towards non-refundable registration fee of US$ 300 [US Dollars Three hundred only] and first semester Tuition Fee of US$ 4000 [US Dollars Four thousand only]
Foreign Nationals, who are nationals of SAARC countries, are eligible for 50% Tuition Fee waiver provided they have passed the qualifying examination in SAARC countries. They are required to pay an amount of US$ 2,300 [US Dollars Two thousand and three hundred only] along with the application form (i.e. US$ 2,000 towards first semester tuition fee and a non refundable registration fee of US$300).
Applicants from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees either in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payment is made from banks in Nepal or Bhutan). However, in case of Rupee payment they are required to get Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers and submit the same along with the application form.
Tuition Fee for subsequent semesters of study: The tuition fee of US$ 4,000/ US$ 2,000 (as applicable) for the
subsequent semesters of study is to be paid by the admitted applicants, directly to the concerned Institution, as per rules of the admitting Institution.
Hostel Accommodation and other Expenses: Hostel fee and other expenses, which may typically range from US$ 400 – US$800 per annum and may vary from Institute to Institute, are required to be paid by the applicant directly to the Institution at the time of admission. Applicants are advised to visit the websites or contact concerned authorities of the respective Institutes for detailed information regarding hostel accommodation, its availability and other expenses. DASA 2016 is not responsible for arranging Hostel or other facilities at the individual Institutes.
The applicants who fulfill the admission criteria specified at 2.1 above (under sub clauses 2.1.1, 2.1.2 and 2.1.3), should submit the application form online along with the requisite registration fee and first semester tuition fee. The fee can be paid either through E-payment or SWIFT Transfer.
Charges for fee payment, if any, should be borne by the applicant.
A. Details for payment through SWIFT Transfer
Payment can be made through bank transfer to The Jammu And Kashmir Bank Limited, India:
In case of any query regarding bank details/SWIFT please Contact:
J&K Bank REC (NIT) Branch
Phone: + 91 9796707616
While transferring the money through SWIFT, all Bank transaction charges should be borne by the applicant. In the SWIFT payment form at field 71A: Details of Charges, type as ‘OUR’. Applicants are advised to ensure that all Bank charges are paid by themselves.
B. Details for Electronic Payment (E-Payment):
For E-payment, applicants shall access the on-line portal developed by NIT Srinagar which will be interlinked with J&K Bank Internet Payment Gateway (IPG) for receiving online payment of fee through their credit/debit card. On successful completion of the transaction a Transaction ID would be generated automatically and will appear in the application form. Applicants are also advised to note the Transaction ID separately for future reference.
Note: Any transaction charges towards SWIFT / E-Payment should be borne by the applicant.
Refund of Fees and mode of refund:
The registration fee of US$ 300 is non-refundable
Refund will be regulated as follows:
Applicants who withdraw their application, on or before 1st June, 2016
Applicants who are not allotted a seat as per their choices indicated due to non-availability of desired course/ Institution
Applicants who are not meeting the eligibility criteria at the time of processing the application will be allowed full refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
Applicants, who withdraw after 1st June, 2016
Applicants, who are allotted any seat as per their choices, and do not accept the allotment (decline or no response within the prescribed time limit), will be allowed a refund of 50% of tuition fee component paid along with the application..
- Applicants, who accept the seat allotted and later on change their decision, by not joining or applicants who have been provided provisional admission and rejected at the time of admission for want of academic eligibility, will not be considered for any refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
- Applicants, who withdraw their admissions in the first semester after joining the Institutions or could not submit academic or other documents in time, will not be considered for any refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
- Applicants, who had not submitted their qualifying exam results at the time of submission of application, may be provisionally allotted a seat based on their merit based on SAT Subject Test scores. If they take provisional admission in an Institute, they shall submit their results later within a specified date (September 15, 2016). If they are found not qualified based on their (10+2) or equivalent exam results on that date, then such applicants will not be considered for any refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
- Applicants who are allotted a seat in Spot round as per their choices and do not accept the allotment (decline or no response within the prescribed time limit) will not be considered for any refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
DASA Scheme 2016-17 Important Dates and Contact Details
Submission of Online application
April 01 to June 01, 2016
Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score
June 01, 2016
First round of Seat Allotment
June 08, 2016
Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 1
June 08 to June 13, 2016
Second Round of Seat Allotment
June 16, 2016
Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 2
June 16 to June 20,2016
Third Round of Seat Allotment
June 24, 2016
Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 3
June 24 to June 27, 2016
Choice refilling and new applicants registration (If payment is made by SWIFT then it should be paid by 28th June 2016)
June 28 to July 04, 2016
Fourth Round of Seat Allotment
July 08, 2016
Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 4
July 08 to July 12, 2016
Reporting to allotted Institutes by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Rounds 1, 2, 3, and 4
July 18 to July 21, 2016
Announcement of vacant seat matrix for Spot round
July 25, 2016
Choice refilling and new applicants registration for Spot Round (If payment is made by SWIFT then it should be paid by 26th July 2016)
July 26, 2016 to July 28, 2016
Spot Round against vacant seats & Spot Round Allotment
July 29, 2016
Reporting to allotted Institutes by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Spot Round
August 02 to August 04, 2016
Coordinator DASA 2016
DASA office, Administrative Block
National Institute of Technology Srinagar
Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India, 190006.
Phone : +91
Fax : +91
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.dasanit.org