IIT JEE and AIEEE Previous Years Papers with Solutions
IITs as paper setters are famous as non repeaters of questions in the JEE Mains or JEE Advanced Question Paper, thus IIT JEE Questions call for superior level of conceptual understanding. But as an educational institute we strongly recommend students to solve the Previous Years’ IIT JEE papers and Previous Years AIEEE papers. Solving past years JEE papers can help students build perspective on how to prepare for the test and these previous years IIT JEE papers work as concept checkers.
Kshitij Education India constantly updates its Study Material section and provides IIT JEE past year solved papers with solution and AIEEE past year solved papers with solution.
How to Solve?
The candidates, who are preparing for the engineering entrance exam of JEE Main and JEE advanced, should solve the AIEEE past year papers and IIT JEE past year papers. In order to understand the nature and type and the format of questions that are asked in JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams, a student needs to solve and then refer to the solutions at the end of the paper.
Benefits of AIEEE and IIT JEE Previous Year Solved Papers provided by Kshitij Education India:
- All the IIT JEE and AIEEE Previous Year Papers with Solutions have been specially designed in the page for students in a manner so as to make the Previous Year Papers of IIT JEE and AIEEE as a Practice Papers. An aspirant can solve the questions and make a note of the answers. The solutions or the key to correct answers are given at the end only, so that a student can solve the JEE past years papers without getting biased by the answers.
- An aspirant will have a superior level of understanding of the questions type for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced and can use the previous years’ IIT JEE papers and AIEEE papers as a reference point to choose the topics from the syllabus which are frequently asked and thus more important for IIT JEE.
- An aspirant can also hone his or her time management skills by solving the IIT JEE Previous Years’ Papers in a stipulated time period.
- After completing the whole syllabus once an aspirant might need exhaustive revision and preparation for the exam, which can be done by solving the Previous Years’ Papers of IIT JEE.
- Sometimes the current AIEEE exam, which was akin to JEE Main at present might have questions repeating from the AIEEE previous year papers and IIT JEE exam or JEE Advanced at present also can be expected to repeat questions or the question type from the IIT JEE previous years’ papers. Thus it gives an aspirant an extra edge to brave the IIT after having solved the past year papers.
IIT JEE Previous Year Papers with Solutions
The IIT JEE, considered to be one of the most prestigious exams of the country, is also one of the toughest engineering entrance examinations in the world. The Joint council of IITs conducts this examination every year.
History of JEE Examination Question Pattern:
Only 1 examination known as IITJEE, comprised objective type questions only with no cap on the number of attempts.
The IIT JEE Question Pattern underwent some major changes.
Two Stage Selection Process:
1) IIT JEE Screening : Objective Type Questions Only
2) IIT JEE Mains : Subjective Type Questions
3) No Higher Limit or Cap on the number of attempts.
Year: 2006 – 2012:
Number of attempts was capped at 2 and there was only 1exam introduced for IITs, known as IIT JEE. For all other Institutes like NITs etc AIEEE was introduced in 2006. AIEEE used to assign two kinds of ranks: State Rank and National Rank ; whereas IIT JEE used to assign all India rank or AIR. The importance of 12th standard board exams were also enhanced since then.
Year 2013 – Present:
All the previously administered, IIT JEE and AIEEE along with their respective patterns were dismissed and only one engineering entrance test was introduced, under the advice of Ministry of HRD with the under-mentioned features:
1) The name of the test has been rechristened as JEE Mains and JEE Advanced
2) Number of attempts have been capped at 2
3) The Importance of JEE Mains along with Std. 12th Boards have been enhanced manifold
4) Top 1.5 Lakh Students of JEE Mains Merit List who qualify for JEE Advanced who thereafter vie for the IITs. Out of the Students who clear the JEE Advanced only those in the top 20% of their Boards examination can seek entry into an IIT
5) From the JEE Mains rest of the students including the Top 1.5 Lakh. (approx.) students along with their Boards examination scores vie for seats in the NITs. A weightage of 60% is assigned to JEE Mains score and the rest 40% is accorded to the 12th Std. Board Examination marks
Evolution of Engineering Entrance Test:
So we can see how the test has evolved over a period of time. How the two stages in the exam has undergone changes from what it was in the beginning. The first stage of the JEE exam used to be a preliminary exam and then the successful candidates would qualify for the main exam. The preliminary examination, now known as the JEE Mains papers have objective type questions from the subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry and Maths. The entire syllabus of Maths, physics and chemistry as laid out in the syllabus prescribed by JEE are covered in the paper by the questions in multiple choice types or objective types format. There was also a system where in every wrong response to a question attracted negative marking. On the right hand side of the page previous years’ of IIT JEE have been given year-wise. Candidates who were successful at cracking the preliminary or the JEE screening were eligible to sit for the mains and the main exam used to be a descriptive one. But the year 2005-06 saw a change in pattern was changed and both the paper became objective type. Kshitij Education India thus provides IIT JEE past year papers for the year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
AIEEE Previous Years Solved Papers with Solutions
As mentioned earlier AIEEE is relevant as an entrance examination to NITs and other engineering institutions apart from the IITs and are funded by the Ministry of HRD. AIEE is conducted by CBSE or The Central Board of Secondary Education every year ever since the pattern was changed. AIEEE examination contains questions from maths, physics and chemistry ever since its introduction. Equal weightage is accorded to the three sections on physics, chemistry and maths, in terms of questions, as have been seen from the past years papers. AIEEE was a 3 hour long exam and had only MCQ or Multiple Choice Questions or Objective type questions. The questions in AIEEE were set in accordance with syllabus as prescribed by the CBSE for maths, physics and chemistry. Any wrong response to any question used to get penalised by negative marking.
To the right of this page the Previous Years’ Papers of AIEEE are given year-wise 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007.
An aspirant can check out our downloads section of our website for the IIT JEE past year papers in pdf format and AIEEE past year papers in pdf format from our website. Any serious student should appear for JEE Main / JEE Advanced previous years exam first and only then should solve past year papers of IIT JEE and AIEEE.